Nights that awaken your senses
The Torcal Alto Visitor Center offers you an experience and with great success the past seasons, to enjoy the living museum that is the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park, the most important karst landscape in Europe and one of the most beautiful in the world.
Our senses will awaken as the day comes to an end. The sight, touch, hearing, smell and taste will make us enjoy a magnificent experience in El Torcal de Antequera thanks to the “Nights that awaken your senses”.
When?: Every Saturday of summer (July and August)
For groups of more than 20 people, ask for special rates and availability at email@example.com
NIGHTS THAT AWAKEN YOUR SENSES (Torcal de Antequera Nature Reserve)
- 6:00pm – Reception of participants in the Torcal Alto Visitor Center
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm – Interpretive hiking “Route of the Ammonites”
- 9:00pm – 10:30pm Dinner in Restaurant Torcal Alto with the menu “Nights that awaken your Senses”
- Optional – 10:30pm – 00:30am Astronomy session by the technical team and staff of the Astronomical Observatory of the Torcal (Suplement: 8€/person – 6,40€/under 12 – this activity is only offered in Spanish)
Hiking “Route of Ammonites” at sunset:
- Length: 4km aprox.
- Difficulty: low / medium (very stony and irregular terrain, not recommended for children under 10 years or people with reduced mobility)
- Interest: Panoramic views of the Sierra Nevada, “Caminito del Rey” area, Málaga Bay, Vega de Antequera, etc., sighting of numerous marine fossils of Ammonites and Belemnites, imitative geological formations, etc.
Menu “Nights that awaken your senses” on the terrace of the Torcal Alto Restaurant:
- Adults menu: “Porra de Naranja” (cold cream made with bread and orange juice served with prawns, boiled eggs and tuna), Sirloin medallions with sauce served with potatoes, and “Bienmesabe Antequerano” (traditional dessert made based on almond and sugar cream) as dessert.
- Children’s menu: Breaded chicken with croquettes and fries as main course, and “Bienmesabe Antequerano” (traditional dessert made based on almond and sugar cream) or Ice-cream as dessert.
- Vegetarian menu (only available on demand): Torcal salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, corn, feta cheese, raisins and walnuts) as a starter, Scrambled Mushrooms for main course, and “Bienmesabe Antequerano” (traditional dessert made based on almond and sugar cream) as dessert.
* The “adults” menu is the one that will be served by default unless previously indicated by the participant. If you have any allergy or food intolerance, please inform us in advance in order to offer an alternative menu according to your needs.
OPTIONAL – Astronomical observation with telescopes: professional astronomers with great experience in activities directed to the general public, will show us the secrets of the night sky through different ways: at sight (recognition of the Polar Star, main constellations, planets …), through of screen projections (craters of the moon, planets …) and with powerful telescopes (deep sky and planets). This activity will be offered independently and is open to more participants. It must be reserved and paid directly with the Torcal Astronomical Observatory (€ 8 / person – € 6.40 / children under 12 years). Only offer in Spanish.
- 34,95 € / person
- 26,95 € / children under 14 years (children’s menu)
*The price includes: specialized guide in the Torcal de Antequera, insurance of Civil Liability and dinner-menu in the restaurant.
**The activity will be canceled if a minimum of registered participants is not reached. In this case, the participants will be notified by e-mail (check your SPAM folder) or telephone
Recommendations “Nights that awaken your senses”:
- Mountain or sport shoes.
- Enough warm clothing (fleece, jacket, etc.).
- Water, cap and sun protection.
- Recommended: small flashlight and folding chair / mat for astronomical observation.
- 0034 952 24 33 24 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)