Mondays in “Torcal de Antequera
We offer you the option to carry out the “Ammonite Route” also on Monday. A spectacular guided trail through spectacular areas of the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park.
In the Route of the Ammonites there are impressive panoramic views of Sierra Nevada, Costa del Sol, Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park and much more! In addition, along the way there are many tracks of marine fossils of “Ammonites” and “Belemnites”, as a reminder that the “Torcal de Antequera” originated at the bottom of the sea millions of years ago.
Next departures: all mondays (except holidays or summer)
Schedule: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm (aprox.)
Meeting point: Centro de Visitantes Torcal Alto (Visitors Centre “Torcal Alto”)
- 9€/children under 12
- Please, read carefully the “General Conditions” to participate in our activities
Feature of the route:
- Length (aprox.): 4,50km
- Tipe: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low (not recommended for children under 7 or people with mobility problems)
- The guide will make several stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of man in the Torcal …).
Torcal Alto Restaurant Offer: participants of any guided activity will have a 15% discount for lunch that day at the Torcal Alto Restaurant. To opt for this discount, you must indicate it in your reservation.
- Warm clothes and raincoat. Remember that the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park is located at an altitude of more than 1200 meters and has its own mid-mountain climate. Check here the weather forecast.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- This activity is not recommended for people with mobility problems, fatigue or in low physical form. For security reasons, the participation of children under 10 years of age will not be allowed.
- The organization may deny participation to those persons who do not meet the minimum conditions to carry out the activity.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be tied all time. The Natural Park has a specific regulation about it.
Mor information: firstname.lastname@example.org