Torcal for you
Torcal for you is a private and personalized guided tour, just for you. We guide you to the most beautiful places in Torcal de Antequera and accompanied by our best guides. An experience worth living in this impressive “sea of stone”.
This visit is offered from Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. These days are the days with the least influx of visitors to Torcal de Antequera and, therefore, when this landscape is most enjoyed.
Maximum 3 hours, but we adapt to you. We will propose a schedule according to the season of the year, but you will be the one to tell us if it suits you or not. The visit has a maximum duration of 3 hours, but if you don’t have that much time, we will adapt to you.
What is “Torcal for you”
It is a totally personalized guided tour, so we just need you to provide us with a little more information about yourself and what you are looking for, and we can offer you an itinerary adapted to you.
If you do not know what you are looking for, we suggest you take the Route of the Ammonites, one of our most complete and in-demand guided tours:
- Interpretive hiking route through the Torcal de Antequera Natural Area (unmarked path, guide required). Walk through the upper area of Torcal de Antequera, known as Las Vilaneras, where there are a large number of marine fossil footprints of Ammonites and Belemnites, in addition to having the best panoramic views of the area
- Length (approx.): 4.50km
- Type: Circular
- Terrain: Very uneven and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low (not recommended for people with a knee, hip or ankle injury, or children under 6 years old)
- Duration with interpretive stops (approx.): 3 hours
- The guide will make various stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of man in El Torcal…) and any curiosity that occurs to you!
- Meeting point: Torcal Alto Visitor Center
Are you short on time, get tired easily or your knees are not what they were? No problem. We adapt the tour to any person and circumstance. Just trust us and enjoy the visit.
Being a private visit, the rates change depending on how many people you are:
- Minimum of 2 people: € 30 / person
- From 3 to 5 people: € 22 / person
- From 6 to 10 people: € 15 / person
- More than 10 people: check rates at email@example.com
This rate includes: private guide service for the chosen date (Monday to Friday not public holidays), a guided tour fully adapted and personalized to the group, special RC insurance for Active Tourism, specialized guides in Torcal de Antequera and with years of experience on the land. Does not include transportation or supplies.
Don’t have transportation? Talk to our colleagues from Visit Antequera. They will be delighted to help you!
What you need to make the reservation
In order to offer you the best itinerary for you, we need you to provide us with some information. So, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Date to reserve (Monday to Friday, not a holiday)
- Start time of the visit and time available (maximum 3 hours). In winter or early spring, we recommend starting the visit around 10 am, to take advantage of the morning; but already well into spring, we can make the visits at sunset.
- No. of people and approximate ages. It is not that we are gossip, it is to get an idea of your physical condition.
- Any physical problems: limited mobility, joint problems (knees, hips, ankles …), asthma, heart disease, fatigue or sedentary lifestyle, etc.
- Information about your interests: hikers, lovers of ornithology or botany, interest in photography, etc.
Recommendations for the visit in «Torcal for you»
The Torcal de Antequera Nature Reserve is a karst mountain landscape. So, as in any mountain, we must follow some recommendations to make the visit safer and more enjoyable:
- Hiking boots or similar footwear. Good footwear will prevent us from tripping and slipping.
- Warm clothing and raincoat or windbreaker. El Torcal de Antequera is more than 1200 meters above the sea, and what a cold it is! Check the weather here.
- Comfortable backpack with water and some food. Although we adapt to you, keep in mind that we are going to go hiking in a mountain area. Do not forget that it requires some physical effort.
- Cap and sun protection.