Old Red Route
We take you to discover the mythical Red Route of Torcal de Antequera, a fascinating route full of contrasts, from the mysterious karst labyrinth to the impressive panoramic views from the highest point of the mountain. If adventure is your thing, you can’t miss it!
And all this, as always, accompanied by the best and most experienced local guides.
Next departures of “Old Red Route”
- February: 5, 12, 19, 26, 28
- March: 5, 12, 19, 26
- April: 2, 9, 12, 15, 16, 23, 30
- Mayo: 2, 14, 21, 28
- Also available for private groups. More information and rates for groups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting point and time:
Torcal Alto Visitor Center – 08: 40am. The guide will be waiting at the outside door of the Torcal Alto Visitor Centre.
How to get there with GPS? To get to Torcal de Antequera, the best is to follow the GPS indications to the city of Antequera in first place, and once there, reprogram the GPS to the “Paraje Natural Torcal de Antequera” or “Centro de Visitantes El Torcal de Antequera“. The Torcal Alto Visitor Centre (meeting point), is located 15km from the city of Antequera, along the A-7075 mountain road.
More information about “Old Red Route”:
- Guided hiking trail through the Torcal de Antequera Natural Area (unmarked path, guide required). After check-in of participants in the Visitor Centre Torcal Alto, the guide will welcome the natural area and explain the basic safety rules, as well as the route to be taken. The visit ends again in the same starting point. This guided tour includes Ammonites Route and The Millenial Labyrinth.
- Length (approx.): 8km
- Type: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low (not recommended for people with medical problems in the joints of the legs (knees, ankles, hips) or children under 10 years of age.)
- Time of visit (approx.): 9am to 2pm
- The guide will make several stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of man in the Torcal …)
- 14,50€/children under 12
- Reduced rates for groups from 15 people. Request more information at email@example.com
* This activity only covers the guide service of the monitors, the necessary materials and the relevant insurance. In no case it is included the transport to the places where the activities are carried out nor the victualling.
** The activity will be suspended if a minimum number of registered participants is not reached. In this case, participants will be notified by e-mail (check that you have correctly entered your e-mail address in the booking form and also your “Spam” or “SPAM” folder).
Recommendations to participate in “Old Red Route” and Covid-19 (coronavirus) measures:
- Warm clothes and raincoat. Remember that the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park is a mountain above 1200 meters and with strong north winds and frequent foggy days. Check here the weather forecast.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- The trail is very rocky and slippery. For this reason, this activity is not recommended for people with leg problems (weak knees, ankles or hips), nor for those under 10 years of age. If the guide believes that a person will not be able to make the visit safely, he will ask you to leave for his own safety.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be tied all time. The Natural Park has a specific regulation about it.
For more information and reservation problems:
- The booking platform has bugs on Ipad and Iphone. If you have problems, please contact or try another device.