Caminito del Rey
The Caminito del Rey is located in the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes Natural Park, 50km from Torcal de Antequera, in the province of Malaga. Almost 8km of linear path of trails, hanging walkways and an impressive bridge, which crosses the Gaitanes gorge, with total safety and spectacular views. Another of the natural jewels of the province of Malaga.
If you want to enjoy an unforgettable experience with a guided tour, transportation and lunch included, the company Visita Antequera are your best option.
Guided tour to Caminito del Rey from Antequera with the company “Visita Antequera”
Guided visit to Caminito del Rey
Management and purchase of tickets
Transfer from Antequera
Lunch in restaurant next to Caminito del Rey
Exclusive group: maximum 8 people
How is the visit
Visita Antequera makes it easy for you to do the Caminito del Rey. Enjoy the only guided tour to Caminito del Rey from Antequera. Forget about complications and headaches to get tickets or to get there. Focus on enjoying one of the wonders of the Province of Malaga: the famous Caminito del Rey. Hey, it’s not so scary! El Caminito has been renovated a few years ago and is now a wide and very safe walkway that allows you to enjoy spectacular views.
Enjoy beautiful landscapes: olive groves, cereals, lagoons, swamps and mountains. The turquoise color of the water will catch your attention. Going to Caminito del Rey from Antequera has a prize: the beauty of its landscapes. As they take you in a comfortable 9-seater Mercedes Vito, just worry about enjoying the scenery.
Once you arrive at the beginning of the route, you begin to enjoy a unique experience: walk along some wooden footbridges (very, very, very safe) hanging a few dozen meters above the Guadalhorce River. Vultures, mountain goats, fossils and dream views is what awaits you in this experience. At all times, the guide will give you all kinds of details about history, geology, flora, fauna and curious facts about the place.
When the route ends, you will enjoy a delicious meal in a cozy place with beautiful views, Restaurante La Garganta, at the foot of the Caminito del Rey.
The tour to Caminito del Rey from Antequera step by step:
- Pick up at the Puerta de Estepa in Antequera in a 9-seater Mercedes Vito van
- 45 minutes later (approx.), arrival at the entrance area of the Caminito del Rey
- Start of the visit by a descending path, until you reach the Caminito del Rey ticket office (15 minutes approx.)
- Once at the ticket office, the safety helmet, some basic rules for the visit will be delivered, and the adventure begins!
- Throughout the tour, the guide will explain the historical, geological and landscape aspects of the Caminito del Rey
- Approximately 3 hours later (8kms), end of hiking and heading to the restaurant. To regain strength!
- Enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful restaurant: Salad of local products, Migas (special dish of the region) and a beer, soft drink or water
- At the end of lunch, we will take the shuttle bus to the starting point
- Return to Antequera and arrival at approximately 3/4 p.m. Just in time to take a good nap at the hotel or take a pleasant walk through the city of Antequera
Duration: approximately 6 hours (from departure to return)
Very small groups, maximum 8 participants
Available languages: Spanish, English, French
Available days: from Tuesday to Sunday
Schedule: departure at 9am from Antequera, and return around 3/4pm approx.
Meeting point: Puerta de Estepa, Antequera (near the Plaza de Toros)
Warnings: This excursion is not suitable for people with extreme vertigo and children under 8 years of age. Good physical condition required (8kms of travel). Essential closed shoes.
The rules of management and cancellation of this tour are detailed below, when booking, the client accepts the following conditions:
- It is not possible to cancel or modify your reservation once it has been contracted (only due to force majeure, to consult with Visita Antequera)
- Cannot be exchanged for another visit
- Only in the event that the Caminito del Rey officially communicates the closure of the route for security reasons, Visita Antequera undertakes to refund the amount of the reservation
Don’t forget to include the promotional code CULNATUR22 to get a discount on your reservation!