Ammonites Route at sunset
Ammonites Route at sunset
Discover ‘El Torcal de Antequera’ through the Ammonites Route at sunset. Impressive panoramic views of the four cardinal points, innumerable marine footprints, complex limestone forms… And much more than what we offer you to enjoy the most important karst landscape in Europe.
Are you going to miss it?
Next departures 2020:
- April: 4, 9, 10, 11, 18, 25
- May: 1, 2, 9, 15, 16, 23, 30
- June: Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays (except 1 and 4)
- July: Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays
- August: Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays
- September: 3, 6, 11, 12
Departures also will take place in the morning most of year (except summer). More info here.
Visit schedule (according to season):
- April: 6pm to 9pm
- May to June 14: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- June 15 to August 14: 7pm to 10pm
- August 15 to August 31: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- September: 6pm to 9pm
Meeting point: Torcal Alto Visitor Center
- Length (aprox.): 4,50km
- Type: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low (not recommended for people with mobility problems, sedentary or under 7 years)
- Duration (aprox.): 3 hours
- The monitor will make several stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of the man in the Torcal…)
- 9€/children under 12
* This activity only covers the guide service of the monitors, the necessary materials and the relevant insurance. In no case it is included the transport to the places where the activities are carried out nor the victualling.
** The activity will be suspended if a minimum number of registered participants is not reached. In this case, participants will be notified by e-mail (check that you have correctly entered your e-mail address in the booking form and also your “Spam” or “SPAM” folder).
- Warm clothes. Remember that the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park is located at an altitude of more than 1200 meters and has its own mid-mountain climate. Check here the weather forecast.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Flashlight or front light. The end of the guided tour will take place after sunset, in low light.
- Cap and sunscreen.
- Long pants. In the summer months there are many thorny plants.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- This activity is not recommended for people with mobility problems, fatigue or in low physical form. For security reasons, the participation of children under 7 years of age will not be allowed.
- The organization may deny participation to those persons who do not meet the minimum conditions to carry out the activity.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be tied all time. The Natural Park has a specific regulation about it.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org