Ammonites Route at sunset
Discover ‘El Torcal de Antequera’ through the Ammonites Route at sunset. Impressive panoramic views of the four cardinal points, innumerable marine footprints, complex limestone forms… And much more than what we offer you to enjoy the most important karst landscape in Europe.
Are you going to miss it?
Next departures 2021
- May: 22 and 29
- June: 5, 11, 12, 20, 26, 27 and 29
- July: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- August: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- September: 3, 4
Departures also will take place in the morning most of year (except summer). More info here.
Visit schedule (according to season) and Meeting point
This activity depends on the sunset time, so the schedule will vary according to the time of year, between 6pm and 10pm. When making the reservation, you will receive a personalized message with the correct time according to the reserved date. The complete activity is approximately 3 hours.
Meeting point at Torcal Alto Visitor Center about 30 minutes before departure.
More information about Ammonites Route at sunset
- Guided hiking trail through the Torcal de Antequera Natural Area (unmarked path, guide required). After check-in of participants in the Visitor Centre Torcal Alto, the guide will welcome the natural area and explain the basic safety rules, as well as the route to be taken. The visit ends again in the same starting point.
- Length (approx.): 4,50km
- Type: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low. Not recommended for people with medical problems in the joints of the legs (knees, ankles, hips) or children under 6 years of age.
- Duration (approx.): 3 hours
- The guide will make several stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of man in the Torcal …)
- 10€/children under 12
- Reduced rates for groups from 15 people. Request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This activity only covers the guide service of the monitors, the necessary materials and the relevant insurance. In no case it is included the transport to the places where the activities are carried out nor the victualling.
** The activity will be suspended if a minimum number of registered participants is not reached. In this case, participants will be notified by e-mail (check that you have correctly entered your e-mail address in the booking form and also your “Spam” or “SPAM” folder).
Recommendations and Covid-19 measures:
- Wear enough warm clothing and long pants. Remember: higher altitude, lower the temperature. Check forecast here. Also, in summer there are many thorny plants. Long pants prevent injuries.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- The trail is very rocky and slippery. For this reason, this activity is not recommended for people with leg problems (weak knees, ankles or hips), nor for those under 6 years of age. If the guide believes that a person will not be able to make the visit safely, he will ask you to leave for his own safety. The organization could deny participation to those who do not have minimum requirements to carry out the activity.
- Pets: Pets are allowed in the Natural Park (they must be tied and the owner must have all the documentation in order). You must keep in mind that you are in a Protected Natural Area with specific regulations.
- The use of the mask will be mandatory or recommended, according to the regulations on the day of the visit.
For more information and reservation problems:
- The booking platform has bugs on Ipad and Iphone. If you have problems, please contact or try another device.