Route of the Ammonites
Route of the Ammonites
Discover ‘El Torcal de Antequera’ through this route. Impressive panoramic views of the four cardinal points, innumerable marine footprints, complex limestone forms… And much more than what we offer you to enjoy the most important karst landscape in Europe.
Are you going to miss it?
- Autumn 2020 to Spring 2021: We will visit again in the morning from September 13. Remember, every weekend and holidays.
- Spring and Summer 2021: Check here to “Ammonites route at sunset” (coming soon)
- Also available for private groups. Ask for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Departure time: 10: 15 am
Meeting point: Torcal Alto Visitor Center
- Length (aprox.): 4,50km
- Type: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and stony
- Difficulty: Medium-low (not recommended for people with mobility problems, sedentary or under 7 years)
- Duration (aprox.): 3 hours
- The monitor will make several stops along the route to interpret the landscape (geology, flora, fauna, history of the man in the Torcal…)
- 9€/children under 12
* This activity only covers the guide service of the monitors, the necessary materials and the relevant insurance. In no case it is included the transport to the places where the activities are carried out nor the victualling.
** The activity will be suspended if a minimum number of registered participants is not reached. In this case, participants will be notified by e-mail (check that you have correctly entered your e-mail address in the booking form and also your “Spam” or “SPAM” folder).
- Warm clothes and raincoat. Remember that the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park is located at an altitude of more than 1200 meters and has its own mid-mountain climate. Check here the weather forecast.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- This activity is not recommended for people with mobility problems, fatigue or in low physical form. For security reasons, the participation of children under 7 years of age will not be allowed.
- The organization may deny participation to those persons who do not meet the minimum conditions to carry out the activity.
- Pets: Pets are allowed but must be tied all time. The Natural Park has a specific regulation about it.
For more information and reservation problems:
- The booking platform has bugs on Ipad and Iphone. If you have problems, please contact or try another device.